The 75-years 1940 to 2015 have been exciting ones for the Department of Chemistry; new buildings, new programs, energetic young faculty, enhanced research image, and a far broader coverage of Chemistry than our ancestors ever presumed. Five chairs guided the department through its first 75-years but it took 11 chairs (with two of them serving twice) to manage the second 75-years. As one of the Lehigh founding departments in 1865 our first 75-years have already been covered. The reader is directed to a history written by Robert D. Billinger, A History of the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering of Lehigh University, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania (1866-1941) which is available in original in the Lehigh Archives and as an on-line document. This sesquicentennial volume is also available in hardcopy with original illustrations in the archives or on-line.
Heindel, Ned D.; Alhadeff, Jack A.; Ferguson, Gregory; Foster, Natalie; Glover, K. Jebrell; Kraihanzel, Charles S.; Merkel, Joseph; Roberts, James E.; Sturm, James E.; and Zeroka, Daniel, "Seventy-Five Years (1940-2015) of Lehigh University's Chemistry Department" (2015). Departmental and College Histories. 2.